…Merry Yogis and Yoginis!
So, we’re winding down our November and December class focus of “Rest.” We’ve spent two months exploring yoga’s balance of effort and ease. We fine-tuned our Asanam to the “nth” degree, soothed our nervous systems with Pranayama and rested flat on our backs to some pretty Yoga Nidra songs.
In addition, I tried to share quotes from various sources to complement our Restful theme. Here is a compilation:
- Patanjali: “Sthira sukham asanam.” (Asana is a steady/firm, comfortable/pleasant posture.)
- Satchidananda: “Take it easy, but don’t be lazy!”
- Lao Tzu: “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh: “Smile, breathe and go slowly.”
- Lily Tomlin: “For fast-acting relief – try slowing down.”
For a compilation of practices, song lists and other tools that have supported our “Rest” focus over these months, please see the Tips-n-Tools page.
It has been a pleasure to pass on resources that have helped me find comfort and joy through the holiday craze – plus before and beyond. I hope you found something useful!
And a reminder – check out the Events page for info on a special NEW YEAR’S EVE WORKSHOP. Launch an abundant 2010 under the Full Moon!
Thanks, all, for sharing mellow spirits and soulful OMs. Wishing you peace, joy, love and light – in this season, for the new year, and always. OM Shanti.