Sorry, my dears, you’ll find neither Christmas Carols nor Hanukkah Songs on this list.
These are the Comfort Songs. The songs that say, “Everything’s gonna be OK,” “I understand” and “I’ll be there for you.” The songs that paint rich pictures, give you permission to slow down, warm a snowy day and complement clouds, mist and rain. They lull you to sleep, encourage you to connect, inspire you to awaken.
These songs may or may not be considered appropriate for yoga class. But they’re A-OK in my book.
- Calexico – Slowness
- Donna De Lory – Sanctuary
- EastMountainSouth – Hard Times
- Eddi Reader – Lucky Penny
- Grant Lee Phillips – Little Moon; Nightbirds; Buried Treasure
- Jack Johnson – Breakdown
- Joshua James – Pitchfork
- KD Lang – The Valley
- Neil Halstead – A Gentle Heart
- Nick Drake – Pink Moon
- Nora Jones – Seven Years
- Robert Plant/Alison Krauss – Killing the Blues
- Ryan Adams – In My Time of Need
- Sera Cahoone – Baker Lake
- Son Volt – Windfall
- The Low Anthem – (Don’t) Tremble; Charlie Darwin; Keep on the Sunny Side; Coal Mountain Lullaby
- Townes Van Zandt – If I Needed You
- U2 – Grace
You’ll find this list permanently archived on the Tips-n-Tools page. Some of these performers are not the original writers of these songs. I just like these versions.
Wishing you misty mornings, understanding hearts and awakening souls this holiday season and beyond. OM Shanti. Holly